Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: 410
Date/Time: Sun, July 9, 2000 at 2:30 AM GMT (Sat, July 8, 2000 at 9:30 PM EST)
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Interesting

<< You are right in saying that I cannot have DNs without buying them. This is what I proposes a gTLD (".sys") reserved for systems where you do not register a single DN but a format and pay accordingly. >>

I am sorry; perhaps I didn't read that point in your previous post closely enough.

Oddly, I like the idea. But you DO realize that scarcity in that TLD would hit very quickly, based upon the number of "systems" that could possibly exist.

And what about overlapping interests?

How about simply develop your chief site/s in the existing TLDs and provide the consumer with the full architecture of your system?

You mention you have 2,000 domains. I imagine you make your money with uniques and impressions thats numbers require heavily in type-ins. Therefore, I understand: having as many portals as possible into the system is crucial.

Curious suggestion about .sys, though. I wonder how people would register their rights in the .sys--for it is more than registering a domain. You have to be logged as the only legitimate registrant within that system.

You know what would simplify things. Give every person their own TLD.
:- )

heehee

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy