ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP (and more on Rec 2.1)

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP (and more on Rec 2.1)
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 05:36:32 -0400

I do not agree with that. The GAC has input rights and a "right to get an
explanation of why the Board diverged from its advice" with respect to POLICY
MAKING, not implementations. Individual TLD decisions are implementations of a
policy, not a policy.
So I neither GAC nor ALAC is entitled to some kind of an explanation if they
forward an objection and it is not upheld. Moreover, please note the capacity
burden this would place on the Board and staff if there are a lot of
objections.