ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP (and more on Rec 2.1)

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP (and more on Rec 2.1)
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:49:14 +0300

Hi,

Well we are back to the discussion of whether such a decision is a matter of
policy or not.  Where does policy making end and implementation begin.
Personally I have always found this boundary fuzzy ad find that many
implementation decisions are indeed policy making decisions.  In fact isn't the
issue of this entire group such an instance - i.e we are discussing the policy
implications of an implementation plan.

The Bylaws refer to 'public policy matters'.  I doubt we are in a position to
define the decision on allowing or prohibiting a name as not being a 'public
policy matter' that either the GAC or the ALAC may have an opinion on.

But perhaps I am wrong and the GAC ad ALAC do not consider such decisions
public policy matters.

a.