ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

RE: same string registered at 2nd level across different IDN gTLDs [RE: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs]

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: same string registered at 2nd level across different IDN gTLDs [RE: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs]
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 08:34:06 -0500

Avri,

There is nothing expansive about the definition of confusingly similar in the
DAG or in what I have been proposing. I am aware that you were one individual
who did not support it at the time but a supermajority of the Council supported
the recommendations including the detailed explanations behind them.  What do
you see as expansive?

Chuck