ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs

  • To: gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:53:14 +0100

On 2 Dec 2009, at 15:14, Edmon Chung wrote:

> Edmon: I think Avri you probably mistook the idea... I think what Chuck and
> I were talking about is NOT about translation at the second level.  But
> offering the same string to the same registrant under an IDN TLD.  More
> specifically, for example, a registrant of "computer.asia" will be offered
> "computer.???" (where "???" is "Asia" in Japanese), OR a registrant for
> "???????.asia" (where "???????" means "Internet" in Japanese) will be
> offered "???????.???".  There is no translation involved.

Pardon me, but i remain confused:

concrete example/question
(ps we beter develop a way of talking about this that is not confusing.  if we
who supposedl understand at least somewhat of what is going on can't
communicate, opps, we have trouble.)

I have ella.com and i might like to have it in Hebrew.

would i get ella.Hebrew_TLD-of-dotcom

or would i have אלה.com
or is that אללה.com
or maybe even אלילה.com

(viable transliterations ad translations)

If we are talking about a translation or transliteration then I remian confused
as to how one does it.  If you talking about just giving me the LDH with a
IDN-tld, ok, i understand.

a.