ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

Re: [gnso-irtpd] Example email string

  • To: Kevin Erdman <krerdman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtpd] Example email string
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:22:58 +0100

Hi Kevin,

I am purely talking policy on this when I define "valid". 'Valid' in the sense of the policy is a transfer that has followed the policy rules. A transfer that was used with fraudulent means is just that: 'fraudulent'...

So a valid transfer may have been fraudulent, but that does not make it invalid in the eyes of the current policy.

So instead of expanding the interpretation of valid, I'd suggest we develop alternative language for what you mean by invalid, such as unauthorized or fraudulent...

Volker