ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 26 March 2010 Meetingly

  • To: "'Victoria McEvedy'" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 26 March 2010 Meetingly
  • From: Claudio Di Gangi <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 23:11:26 -0400

Dear work team,

In light of some of our list discussions today, I was thinking about our work
product on Subtask I and II and the best way we can deliver it to the OSC and
have it available as a resource and integrated by existing and new GNSO Groups
that may potentially be formed in the future.

instead of issuing rules that we have sometimes referred to as "mandatory"
which was not the approach taking in the BGC report, I think the GNSO Working
Group Guidelines document can serve as a good template for us to follow, in
terms of its accessibility, readability, structure, format, tone, and approach.

This would also keep implementation consistent across GNSO improvements.

this document is attached for reference and i copied the link to it and some of
the relevant sections below.

thanks

claudio

---------

see: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-05feb10-en.htm

1.2. Purpose
The objective of this document is to assist Working Groups to optimize
productivity and effectiveness by providing a set of guidelines, checklists,
templates, and other 'best practice' materials that they can consider and/or
utilize, as appropriate, in the process of establishing the WG and throughout
its life cycle.

1.3. Intended Audience
This document is intended to inform the (potential) members of GNSO Working
Groups that have been created or are in the process of being created by a
Chartering Organization (e.g. GNSO Council) to achieve or accomplish one or
more objectives or outcomes.

1.4. Revisions
As further experience is developed in the management, operation and practice of
Working Groups, it is intended that this document will be updated when
appropriate. Any proposals for updates or changes should be submitted to the
GNSO Council for consideration (please contact the GNSO Secretariat for further
information).
Proposal for consideration by the PPSC: Once all WT documents have been
finalized and approved, the GNSO Council should commit to the annual review of
these documents to ensure that documents stay up to date. If the Council review
determines that it would be timely and appropriate to make changes to these
documents, an ad-hoc committee should be formed to make concrete proposals for
such changes.