ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] First stab at objectives and a definition of VI

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] First stab at objectives and a definition of VI
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 08:23:15 -0500

Stephane, I know you're asking what others think, but just a point of
clarification. The second sentence of my definition did not "link" CO to VI, it
_differentiates_ or distinguishes the two. It makes it clear that we do NOT
consider CO as defined there to be a form of VI.

For all the reasons we've discussed, I think that distinction is very
important, and will really help the WG to have a more focused and rational
discussion of the policy issues.