ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Updated Charter Based on Today's Call

  • To: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Updated Charter Based on Today's Call
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 02:17:30 -0500

Thanks MARgie.
Sorry again I could not make the call. Looks as if you had an interesting 
conversation around the Preamble. I will weigh in on that later. For now, some 
quick, easy agreements:

Under the Alternate Objective 2 offered by Milton I am willing to change 
"current" to "pre-existing"

Under the Alternate definition of cross ownership offered by Avri, if I 
understand what is being done there - separating the definition of CO from a 
statement on "Relationship between CO and VI" that CO is not VI if certain 
conditions are met - I am willing to agree to that. 

More contentious:

On objective 4 I agree with the principle but have insisted all along that we 
must separate the short term and long term issues. There is no need to rush the 
long term consideration of VI arrangements in relation to the new gTLD round. 
Once we resolve the issue of the DAG and CO arrangements, there is no reason 
for the new gTLD round to be a factor in consideration of VI. 
In short, I think that Objective 4 should be reworded thus: 

"Objective 4:  To complete Objective 2 in on a schedule that does not delay the 
launch of the New GTLD Program." 

Will weigh in on the Preamble later. 
From: owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx [owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf 
Of Margie Milam [Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:09 PM
To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Updated Charter Based on Today's Call

Dear All,

Attached please find a revised charter, which is redlined to include the 
comments received on today's call.   I will update the WIKI, but thought it 
would be useful for you to see the changes in a word document as well.

Best regards,



Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx] On 
Behalf Of Stéphane Van Gelder
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:50 PM
To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Main deadlines following today's call

Thanks to all for your participation in today's call.

Just a quick reminder of the deadlines we set for ourselves during the call.

Suggestions for both the objectives and the definitions should be submitted to 
this list NLT Thursday Feb, 11. Discussions and edits to these should end 
Monday Feb 15. Staff and I will then work to turn the team's consensus points 
into final objectives and definitions for the charter by Tuesday Feb 16.

During this period, I would also encourage any comments on the rest of the 
proposed charter, i.e. the milestones.

I would like to be able to aim for a finalised charter by the end of next week, 
i.e. Friday Feb 19.

Margie, would you please start the discussion off by sending to the list the 
edited/amended versions of the objectives and definitions as discussed during 
today's call?



<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy