ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:03:38 -0400

On 9/27/10 12:38 PM, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

Can we have consensus on the fact that we can have exceptions to the
general vertical separation rule (the Nairobi baseline)?

Not likely. Those that want exceptions for themselves and are present volunteers to the VI PDP WG are hardly likely to surrender those fond hopes to the benefit of those who are not at present volunteers to the VI PDP WG, and who the GAC specifically sought to benefit for the purposes of diversity and access, as well as competition and pricing.

Maybe we do not need to be 100% specific on what the exceptions are,
for the time being. We can mention SRSU as an example, and say that we
can investigate further (meaning after October 8) if we have mandate
to continue.

There is no consensus for "single registrar".

Eric