ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, vertical integration wg <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:44:58 -0400

Given that bullets 1, 3 and 4 were the substance of the ALAC advice to the Board on the matter (http://www.atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/statement-on-initial-report-vi-29aug10-en.pdf), I can fully support those.

I am less certain about the second bullet. Without relatively objective rules rules as to what exceptions will be allowed and under what circumstances, I do not feel comfortable delegating this to staff or an external panel to decide, nor do I think it should rise to the level of the Board. So I am at a loss as to how it could be implemented effectively.

Alan