ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updates on SOI/DOIs

  • To: <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updates on SOI/DOIs
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 08:54:20 +0100

Dear all,

We are now at a critical point: We will have to submit our final
recommendations in a few days while the substantive production is not dense
enough. The time constraint may make us give a deliverable on which there is
not a consensus. It may also make us miss some points unless every one
concentrates on the draft final report and try to give his/her input so that
we finally submit a comprehensive and consensual language.

In this critical time, a new marginal issue is raised concerning the use of
the Working guidelines of 5 August 2010 rather than those of 5 February
2010.

I’m strongly with full transparency, even if this concept is selective as
per Evan’s post. In any case, I prefer more transparency than less, because
full transparency is better for the weaker part of the community, the needy
one, the one for which we are working in this WG.

But I find it as a manner to make us loose concentration on the final report
and spend time and energy on this marginal issue.

In our charter, we agreed to work according the Working guidelines of 5
February 2010. We shouldn’t change it at this point. Let’s work on the final
report (I will send shortly my inputs on the whole report on the list) and
arrive to the deadline with the best output.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231