ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updates on SOI/DOIs

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updates on SOI/DOIs
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 04:09:01 -0400

On 14 Aug 2010, at 03:54, Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:

> In our charter, we agreed to work according the Working guidelines of 5
> February 2010. We shouldn’t change it at this point.

As I explained in my note.  We are not changing our guideline  The guidelines
we are following call out these updates.

Also no one is putting us under extra scrutiny.  I am proposing we follow the
rules in a complete way to protect the recommendations we are making.

I cannot imagine why such transparency would be a problem.  Certainly the
principle was always one of transparency, this is just governing the way it is
done.  If people feel they have been transparent, great.  If not, please update
your SOI and DOI.

> Let’s work on the final report

Of course that s the main focus.  This should take but 5 minutes of the meeting
at most.

thanks

a.