Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: friedrich
Date/Time: Fri, July 7, 2000 at 10:25 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: Researches, analysis, discussions AND decisions are needed! Are you afraid?

Dear Big Tymer

Your above comment, not to rush, is perfectly correct.
Only that this is what everybody thought and said 1-2 years ago.
This time has passed and it has not passed in vain.

You get a lot of results from Working Group B and C, etc.
All the information is on the table. Please read the comments of Dr. Mueller to question 1 - 74 and maybe mine, too.

If you know what you should do, did all the research and then are expected to take a decision, would you again step back telling everybody: We need to do all the thinking once more - just to be sure we are really right with what we found out?

I understand that you don't want to make a mistake.
Therefore you have to ask ICANN to take a decision now, not on everything, but concerning the trademark problems and .reg, as well as on which new gtlds will be started when and how.

Otherwise the Internet will be run ower by eager lawyers, (see comments on corinthians.com) and cctlds acting like gtlds (see .tv, etc.).

In my opinion, we are participating in the mind-making process - thanks to ICANN - and not against ICANN!! This mindmaking process will never be finished, but decisions must be taken from time to time.

You make a serious mistake, if you hesitate to take important decisions, which were prepared in detail.

Please consider this.

Regards,
Friedrich

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy