Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: 410
Date/Time: Fri, July 7, 2000 at 9:06 PM GMT (Fri, July 7, 2000 at 4:06 PM EST)
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: And. . .

<<<< i decided to risk my $35 just in case but by no means did i ever think that it was a sure bet. in this sense i believe that bigtymer and bmitchell have a valid point. >>>>>

Of course they have a point. The point that there is no guarantee IN risk--which is a self-evident reality. It is inherent. And we all make choices based upon how much we can or are willing to risk.

Hell, the stock market is the biggest "Enter at your own risk" endeavor I ever saw.

People win, people lose every day. People enter into it, people walk away from it every day.

I threw down my $35.00 with IOD as well--and IOD is STILL a risk, for it is not yet approved.

But me.....Personally, I prefer to lose my $35, than to kick myself all the rest of my life because I lost the ideal domain for my business. I know a small handful of people who stumbled upon IOD, saw their respectively ideal domain, sat on it, thought about it for months, and then found one day that someone else had decided to pay $35 for the .web through IOD.

I made a pack with myself, long ago, that I would minimize the regrets I could possibly have in Life.

We all make choices within the parameters of Foresight, Experience, Vision, Determination, Will, Timeliness, Education, Preparation, Belief, Dumb Luck, and perhaps some Divinity.

That is the closest we can ever get to the notion of "fairness." It is the fairest model that can exist. Yes, fairer than taking the world and dividing it (as someone else said on this board) into 7 billion equal parts and distributing it among the masses.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy