Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory Krajewski
Date/Time: Tue, July 11, 2000 at 1:11 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Where was AT&T before on this board---discussing the issues

I have noticed that the Big Business groups who are now posting were not here over the course of the last month to debate the issues...I realize some of the stuff was hogwash, nonetheless in all honesty...it seems that yes they are posting the answers to the questions (and then running away)...at the 11th hour I might add....Although I agree with some of the comments that this needs to be an orderly process...your use of provocative language such as Gold rush, Arguements will erupt where there was none before..etc...etc...These are your opinions..yes...Might I add that if it weren't for the 1996 Telecommunications Act..the Future of AT&T would not be so secure...So something needed to happen to create competition...If on the basis for selection to be a registry you must have the capacity to handle the traffic...then where would be the problems...Also on your comments that people will become angry if they do not get the domain they wanted...That happens every day to people when the go to Network Solutions for the first time....I don't see massive appeals to halt registrations or even slow them...Heck even the two major players don't get it right on transfers and somebody loses a name.....Nothing can be done about that, but if effective rules that are laid out before launch....well...then we will enjoy the ride...One last comment...In today's era of spin...it's really a shame to use words that are provactive to get what you really want...If it is TM protection which I definitely agree then state that....I think at&t would be open to more than a few TLD's....The wireless market will need it as the current method for getting around amounts to marketing agreements with the major ISPs...Believe me...YOu should be proactive....Nonetheless do what you think you need to do...Good Luck...

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy