ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] reporting back to the council

  • To: gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] reporting back to the council
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:32:24 -0400

On 19 Apr 2010, at 04:14, Adrian Kinderis wrote:

> Folks pulling themselves from the list and refusing to participate any
> further in these discussions is disappointing.

just so you know, i am not pulling from the list and intend to send my rebuttal
to Chuck's argument in our current debate (which is how i see this - almost as
a formal debate) tonight or tomorrow. i was delayed working on it because i was
more concerned with my flight status to Europe - now that I have given up
(proof that i can give up on occasion) and returned home, I should be able to
concentrate again in the near future.

i just meant to say that i would not fight it if the council kicked me off the
DT as long as they replaced me with someone from the NCSG who was willing and
able to make the case.  There are lots of others with good discussion skills
and some trademark attorneys who probably could make a better case then i can
make.  i can just argue from my technical/philosophic/logic educated basis and
can't argue the international law, which is of course where all of this is
going to end up being decided, in the formal sense of decision, sooner or later.

a.