ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Sectoral diversity now constituency diversity

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Sectoral diversity now constituency diversity
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:31:32 -0400

Chuck:

How would you recommend that the RyC amend its Charter to "ensure
constituency [or Constituency or sectoral or interest group] diversity,"
in addition to geographic diversity?  An answer to that question might
help me understand the practical implementation issues related to your
suggestion.

In my mind, Philip's recommendation of referring to Constituencies is no
different than the staff suggestion that we require that every
constituency receive a seat on Council.  I believe that most of us
disagree with that recommendation.

Thanks.

Jon