ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Final charter proposal

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Final charter proposal
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:13:37 +0100

Hello all,

Thanks to those who made further comments on our draft charter since I sent it
to the list last Friday.

As it is the end of the working day here in France, I would like to propose a
final charter following those comments. Please feel free to request further
amendments until COB in the US today, as we had planned. I'm just trying to
keep momentum on this.

I have included Milton's suggested edits in the VI and CO definitions. I have
not taken out the reference to existing gTLDs in the preamble as this is
clearly referenced in the motion and there seems to be a majority of the group
that would like to see it included.

I would also like to let the group know that our work was discussed in today's
Council leaders call (the meeting the GNSO chairs and vice chairs have with
Staff before every Council meeting to prepare). I enquired as to the
possibility of having the Council vote on the charter on-line before the next
full Council meeting (scheduled for March in Nairobi) so as not to waste any
time. This is possible, so long as DT members feel confident they have had
enough time to consult with their respective groups. So we'll see how that goes
once we've agreed on our charter but it would be nice, considering the short
amount of time the motion leaves for this work to be done, to get as far ahead
as possible.

Thanks,

Stéphane