ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] [OFF TOPIC] - but not really

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] [OFF TOPIC] - but not really
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:55:57 -0400

Roberto:
I sympathize with Jeff's opinion too. Please stop wasting time on this. I think
you and Mikey both have made a mistake by singling out a particular person,
obviously after being pressured by a few people who have more connection to you
and more willingness to invest in complaining than I do. While I realize your
intentions were good, the interventions have worsened the situation rather than
improving it. And they have raised questions about impartiality.

In the heat of discussion sometimes people say things that rankle others.
Unless it's a very serious and continual breach that obstructs the work of the
group, however, we just have to roll with it. The chairs should not take sides
in these kinds of petty things, and they only make things worse by doing so.
Next time, encourage the complainers to be a bit more mature and if they want
to complain, to approach me directly. And make sure that the complaints have
some bearing on the actual issues before us. That's all I am going to say on
this.

--MM