Username: WorldThoughts
Date/Time: Sat, June 17, 2000 at 9:10 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Answer

<< Great rant WorldThoughts >>

Why, thank you.

:- )

<< While those who registered .web names early on can be said to have been handed a raw deal, once it was clear (by doing that research you mention) that IOD's .web may not go into the root servers, you knew you were taking a gamble, or should have. >>

I'm not sure what you mean. If you are referring to the fact that if IOD is not granted the contract, its registrants will be out of the money they put down. . . Yes, this was clear in their FAQ from Day One.

<< I'm also sorry if you bought Commodore stock at its peak, or waterfront property at low tide, but that's not my problem, it cuts both ways. >>>

That's correct. I would be out of line to yell and scream if things were to sour for IOD. I knew the risks, as you say. However, if IOD is approved, its registrants just can't be cut loose, in all fairness, and by backing of law, I would imagine.

From what I understand Network Solutions had registrants before THEY were approved. . . and those registrants were rightfully grandfathered in. It seems a fair and decent policy, and not one that should be abandoned in the case of IOD, or some other registry down the line.

<< BTW WT, could you give a pointer to where IOD's .web is trademarked? >>>

That's one for IOD themselves. I recommend you contact them at info@IODesign.com.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy