Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: kristopher
Date/Time: Sun, November 12, 2000 at 6:56 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.76 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: What a joke!

>so I believe that all generic Internet users understand that IOD deserves of .web .<

You're a funny guy.

99% of Internet users don't even know about this whole situation, and most of them wouldn't care either way.

All I know is that on Day 1 I want to be able to choose a registrar based on price. I can't do that with IOD, because they're the only registrar and I know I'm going to have to pay them $35 (which includes a ridiculous $15 registry fee). At least with Afilias, I can chose from a number of different registrars, some of whom will be competing on the basis of price.

And I know that on Day 1 I don't want to be unable to register a new domain because of technical glitches due to the massive rush to register. Based on the information in the applications, I don't believe that any of the applicants will be able to handle the demand from a rush. At least with Afilias, they'll be using a round robin system to deal with the demand and keep everything stable.

I guess you could call me a "generic Internet user." I don't work for a registrar or applicant, and I'm don't have any investments in them. All I want is choice, price competition and a solid system. If it takes a company like Afilias, made up of the largest .com registrars, to offer that to me, I'm going to support them.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy