Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: kristopher
Date/Time: Sun, November 12, 2000 at 10:19 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.76 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: "I think that this forum is NOT a biased sample"

>I think that this forum is NOT a biased sample<

That's quite a claim, one you must back up. Certainly, "I think" isn't very scientific. As a scientist, you should know that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and that the proof of burden lies with the person making such a claim.

If you truly believe that this forum is not a biased sample, you need to prove it. Among other things, you'll have to compare the demographic makeup of this forum to the demographic makeup of the general Internet population. This will be quite hard to do, considering the fact that you are faced with many problems, including the difficulty of verifying the identities of the posters here, as well as the possibility of single individuals posting under multiple aliases.

Based on the limited information we have about the forum participants, it already looks unfavorable for your position, considering the fact that a large (and growing) portion of the Internet population is non-English speaking, and there have been few posts from non-English speaking persons here. And you can't forget that they *are* a part of the general Internet population too.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy