Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: rlangsford
Date/Time: Mon, October 30, 2000 at 5:37 AM GMT (Sun, October 29, 2000 at 10:37 PM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: Are we men of little faith when it comes to ICANN?

Many posts here seem to be written with the assumption that ICANN has already made the decision to screw IOD out of what they have worked for to give special treatment to a last minute land grab by the very folks they have been empowered to create alternatives to. I think the members of ICANN realize the import of the decisions they make next month, and as individuals are concerned with how history will judge their fairness and wisdom. I have heard talk of Mr. Stubbs, a board member who also has financial ties with some of the applicants. Rather than bringing ill will upon his employers, and certainly from a fairness standpoint, I would think he would be abstaining from voting on any issues involving these applicants, or at any rate would be urged to do so by his fellow board members.

Even if this did not occur, I'd be curious to know how much clout this one guy really has. Is ICANN really the kangaroo court some have made it out to be, or is the voting majority made up of fair-minded individuals? I'd sure give them the benefit of the doubt short of evidence that other members are conspiring to stack the deck. If this is indeed the case, I'd imagine court injunctions and a swift investigation would ensue. This would indeed be a sad state of affairs, but I have faith that justice will prevail in the end.

--Rich Langsford
rlangsford@uswest.net

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy