ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Financial instrument

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Financial instrument
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 08:22:09 -0400

On 10/2/10 6:18 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

Dear Eric,

Again thank you for instructing me in the fact that what non-qualified
applicants do is out of scope.  I truly appreciate this constant reminder,
because, obviously, otherwise I might just forget.

The apparent sarcasm is surprising given your prior note in which you disclose that your conception is "the reasonable applicant", which is not the _qualified_ applicant.

I asserted my opinion, but according to my beliefs of hI should behave as a
co-chair, I do not think I should argue the topic - as you know from other
conversations we have been part of in other groups, while I believe it is ok
for co-chair to asset an opinion, I do not believe they should get involved in
arguing for positions..  Take my opinion or ignore it, it is not my opinion
that counts but the opinion of the group at large.  For me to argue a position
on this would not only be appropriate (in my personal view), but would require
me to discuss the actions and contributions of those who are non-qualified
applicants.  And as you have reminded me, that is out of scope.  Also as you
will notice in my attempt to document this in the draft 12.2, I did not include
any mention of my opinion of what was required for a shared risk group to be
capable of covering risk.  So it is a moot point.

As the person holding the pen, your responses are hardly neutral.

I hope my English was sufficiently understandable.  I apologize if other things
I have written have used language you did not understand.

Very funny.

I've spent enough time writing to Staff, writing to the SOAC list, on what the purpose of the instrument can be, and how the cost ICANN inflicts, in addition to the fees, and in excess of the costs inflicted on the 2001 and 2003 applicants, may be reduced.

Five notes and the time to write each in the past five days.

I will submit a separate statement on the issue.

Eric

a.