Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: fnord
Date/Time: Mon, July 3, 2000 at 2:21 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Beam me up

WorldThoughts writes:

>So basically you are saying that a binding contract between IANA/ICANN and IOD and the registrants should be tossed to the wind, even though the buyers did not purchase anything illegal.<

Which binding contract are you talking about? If ICANN has a binding contract with IOD where is it and what does it say? Ditto for a binding contract between ICANN and .web registrants. If IOD has a binding contract with .web registrants that is between those two parties.

>Basically, you have the nerve to wipe an ENTIRE database clean, because you feel some people ARE speculating--thereby screwing EVERYONE in the database.<

Presumably IOD can keep its existing .web database, who says it will be wiped clean? If it isn't put in the root, well, you knew about that risk already, or should have.

>Basically, you have the nerve to take domains from people who you feel have "too many" GOOD domains.<

Marc Brittan claims trademarks on all the names. It will be interesting to see if they are as GOOD as their trademarked .com counterparts.

>Basically, your concept of a New World Order makes me sick.<

Nazism, Communism, and now the New World Order. Black helicopters now leaving for Yokohama. What's left, anyone questioning .web will be accused of being extraterrestrials? I feel sorry for C. Ambler, whose .web registrants are beginning to act like a cult, only they know the truth and the whole world is out to get them.

I said previously I had no intention of purchasing any .web names. I have since had the opportunity to become involved in a project that would benefit from a .web name for mnemonic reasons. I've checked and it isn't registered yet. I'll wait and see if .web is put in the root and take my chances on registering it afterwards. If it's taken by then so be it, *it's not the end of the world!*

d_d@email.com - email without ICANN in Subject: line is blocked

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy