Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: jrosenthal
Date/Time: Mon, July 3, 2000 at 4:34 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Correction

First off, let me correct your spelling. It is "you're" not "your". The education system just isn't the same as it used to be.

Secondly, I myself have preregistered several .web domains with IOD for my business, and luckily, all the ones I wanted were available. I am not a speculator, so I really don't care who gets business.web or any other name. However, I am fully willing to give up those preregistrations because I believe it is the right thing to do.

Lastly, if ICANN does not select IOD to run the .web registry, or they wipe out the preregistrations, IOD, and any of the preregistrants (including myself), will have no legal recourse. There has never been a binding contract between ICANN and IOD, and IOD has no claim to the .web gTLD itself (see the recent court ruling). By registering a .web domain through IOD, you are taking a risk. As is stated on the IOD webtld.com website, there will be no refunds and no guarantees have been made.

This brilliantly skilled litigator could sure use some spelling lessons, and you might want to take a case in logic and rhetoric. Appeal to emotion and ad hominem are two of the most common argumental fallacies. The reference to communism is laughable. It seems that we have some products of the McCarthy era lurking in these forums. Maybe it's time you spent your hard earned money and went to law school.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy