Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: WorldThoughts
Date/Time: Mon, July 3, 2000 at 6:22 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Reply to more nonsense.

< ICANN and IOD. IANA is a defunct organization that no longer exists.

Yes, and when it went defunct, it passed to ICANN, the standing agreements and existing policies that were in existence.

>>>>> In regards to Marc Brittan, it should be blatantly obvious to anybody that he has not registered those names soley for personal use. If you can't see that, then you're not looking very hard. Enough said.    >>>>>>

Define "personal use." Furthermore, PROVE the intent you ascribe to him. Don't just say, "We all know, we can all see, it is apparent."

If you are going to take something from someone--which they paid for--in process that was open and fair--then PROVE your proclamations that he had dubious motives. The burden, last I saw, is on you.

In the end, even if he was a confessed speculator--you can not convict him of a NON-EXISTENT crime.

You know something, though. You can't use the numbers of domains he has and logically conclude that he doesnt intend to use them I know someone who owns 600 .coms. About 500 of them are currently up and running--and he is not interested in selling them, though he gets offers. If Marc Brittain has 400--would you take his from him?

If I had 400 domains or more, I would create a corporation and develop off-shoot companies under different managements. This would create jobs, for one thing. And revenue, and taxes.

Isn't this fully legal in my world?

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy