Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: WorldThoughts
Date/Time: Mon, July 3, 2000 at 4:46 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Um. . .

<< By registering a .web domain through IOD, you are taking a risk. As is stated on the IOD webtld.com website, there will be no refunds and no guarantees have been made. >>

um. . . I believe that risk rightfully indicates that in the eventuality of IOD not being the registry, IOD will not be making refunds. Fine.

However, as I have indicated, if IOD is approved (that is their struggle to fight), that my registrations, according to the provision made by IANA, should be honored.

.....AGAIN......IANA said, "SURE! Open up your database to real registrations. If you prove your databases can handle it, you're most likely in."

Implicit in this is not only the adoption of IOD as registry, but the registrants that they picked up along the way to make it possible. I mean, what the hell did IANA think they were approving? A Sunday picnic? No. REGISTRATIONS!

So.... I think I can say that the law ensures that my registrations through IOD should stand, IF IOD IS APPROVED. . . And the disclaimer on their site indicates indemnity if they are NOT approved.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy