Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, October 14, 2000 at 4:01 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Is CORE Nonprofit or FOR Profit.....Please Respond..Someone from CORE.......

I know CORE is under this heading trying to vye for .nom which is a decent TLD...however I think it would be limiting...Nonetheless my concern with core is are they FOR profit or a NONPROFIT....Since they have linked themselves with Afilia...I am not sure...Also since their mission and reason for being NONPROFIT was to create a Shared Registry System is accomplished...this leaves them in a precarious position (I think) with regards to their filing status...The IRS is very picky as to what your doing as opposed to what you "say"  your doing...Joining Afilias, clearly a for-profit organization, does not bode well, since this leaves little doubt as to what CORE is after...and a SRS isn't one of them...With all due respect to CORE and it's original mission, I do have respect for that as creating a SRS has opened up the internet space...So I am not trying to sound accusatory, just trying to get the facts straight here...Thank you..

Greg Krajewski
South Dakota, United States
gkrajews@mato.com 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy