Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: BrianC
Date/Time: Sun, October 15, 2000 at 11:01 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: The facts & "Creditability"

>Does CORE's joining the Afilia's consortium sound like they are carrying out CORE's mission?<

Instead of asking questions which you don't answer, why don't you go ahead and state why you think that CORE's membership in Afilias doesn't carry out CORE's mission. Anybody can ask rhetorical questions that mean nothing.

1) You stated that "CORE has crossed the line (in my opinion)." How so? The information you requested is clearly stated on their website. It's obvious you didn't even take the time to go directly to the source to get your question answered. This is a public comment forum. It is not a question and answer forum. The applicants themselves have the liberty of posting, however it is not the primary purpose of this forum and is not required. This forum has been turned into a mess and I can't believe that anybody from CORE would actually have the time and energy to sift through what is mostly junk.

2)

>I believe CORE as a NONPROFIT by itself could apply for a TLD like .NOM, however I feel strongly otherwise when it involves joining a FOR PROFIT consortium<

Obviously, you did not understand what I wrote. CORE is not violating any law regulating non-profit organizations. The 5.263% profit the organization receives must be used according to non-profit law. You may not personally like the fact that they're a part of Afilias, but the law is the law, and they haven't done anything illegal. That is a FACT. Nothing has been obfuscated.

3) I have already posted my opinion regarding Ken Stubbs. I think this is an important issue that must be addressed and I hope that ICANN handles it appropriately.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but I think you meant to say "credibility" instead of "creditability". "Creditability" has a similar, but different meaning.

>and if you can refute them using a real name and whom YOUR associated with<

"You're" is the proper word here.

Having worked in the business world for nearly 15 years, I can say that poor spelling and grammar not only make you look uneducated, but lessen your credibility.

Brian Calhoun
Arizona - United States

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy