Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: SayNoToAbacus
Date/Time: Tue, October 17, 2000 at 9:22 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Abacus is trying to BUY your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abacus is trying to pay college students to disseminate support for their .cool top level domain.  This is wrong and unlawful.  This should not be tolerated.  They said that they will pay students to get masses of people and form a "demonstration" to get people to support .cool.  They also said they would pay to do other things like put up signs, etc.  This is wrong.  They are trying to pay people to support them. 

I don't think Abacus makes a good choice.  Furthermore, I don't think any of the companies proposing .biz should be accepted.  .biz is already in use!!!!  How could people not know this?  It exists on the Open Root Server.  By putting .biz into use, there would be a massive conflict. 

IOD's .web on the other hand is recognized by the Open Root Server so they make the PERFECT choice.  If you choose Afilias' .web, there would be a conflict. 

So, basically, I'm trying to say this....

Don't choose Abacus.  Don't choose any of the other .biz applications.  And don't choose Afilias.  However, you SHOULD choose IOD's .web application.  That is the only solution that makes sense.

SAY NO TO ABACUS!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy