Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: dconder
Date/Time: Thu, October 19, 2000 at 12:33 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: your logic is flawed

I am glad someone is looking out for families. If that means making a place for explicit sites to go, so be it. I would love nothing more than the ability to filter on a couple of domain names and not see the stuff.

I am not crazy about taking away peoples rights because if that is allowed someone may decide that they want to take away my rights next.

The fact that Abacus wants to drive top level domains for both families and adult sites doesn't bother me. It is not like the DNS provider will be shoveling me any content.

Yes lets create a "red light district" on the internet and yes lets help out families. Everyone wins. Your pushing your values on the people tolerant of adult sites is just as annoying as adult sites pushing their crap on to us.

They are not going away just because we wish it. But we might be able to make them go away from us.

You wrote vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                It is true that .fam is needed.  However, the only company to apply for this TLD is Abacus America who also happens to be one of the companies who applied for the .xxx TLD.  I hope that ICANN takes their responsibility seriously enough to see that a company who wants to own/support the .xxx TLD should not be given the TLD that will target families.  It would be a discrace to award the .fam TLD to Abacus (regardless of whether of not they get the .xxx TLD), and I hope that ICANN waits to award it to a company that is honestly interested to the providing a quality service to families.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy