Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: ChrisK
Date/Time: Wed, October 25, 2000 at 8:10 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
Score: 5
Subject: I like .cool

I like .cool , I think its a great idea. it can become like a virtual meeting place , for many youngsters. Right now we are forced to use other big corporation's lame websites. For example, a club that I belong to has 40 members and we have hardly ever seen each others faces. Everything is done online, meetings , voting , sign up sheets etc.
   However, we are forced to use websites that are designed for all kinds of clubs from Fly Fishing to Bullfighting. We need a website that's for youth clubs only. A cool place were cool people can meet. What better place then .cool  .
   The good thing about Abacus is that they have publicly stated that they will be a registry only , they will not compete with Registrars for the new TLDs .  Plus their stuff actually works. Nowadays there are so many shady companies, who are trying to get rich quickly, but are not able to provide the technology needed and at the end the customers get screwed.  A few of my friends and I were thinking about applying for a TLD ourselves, but we knew it would take much longer to get the technology actually up and running.  I wish everyone would realize that ,only serious reputable companies like Abacus would apply for a TLD .

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy