ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

RE: [gnso-idng] RE: same string registered at 2nd level across different IDN gTLDs [RE: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs]

  • To: "Adrian Kinderis" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idng] RE: same string registered at 2nd level across different IDN gTLDs [RE: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs]
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 00:27:11 -0500

Adrian,

Did I understand you previously that you are opposed to talking about possible
expedition of IDN gTLDs, which I believe was the original purpose of this
group?  If so, are you suggesting that this group be disbanded?

I personally think that it would be better for a small group to develop a white
paper or recommendation paper before starting discussion at the Council level.
I think it is much more effective that way. Whether it should be this group or
not is a question that was asked in today's call. I for one, am okay with that.

Chuck