Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: DaveBusiness
Date/Time: Mon, October 16, 2000 at 4:09 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Great Idea

It has taken me a while to get through many of the applications, and then all of the messgages posted about many of them.  I have to say, that while I now understand better about many of the reasons behind the names applied for, I really believe that .shop is a great idea.

There are more and more companies looking to enter the e-commerce arena, and it would be ideal to have a specific place in which to find them, as well as the current ones.

I saw where some people have commented that any "generic" TLD would be allowing the registry a "liscence to print money" becasue all exsisting companies would have to register the same names under a new TLD.  If I read the idea behind .shop correctly, their idea is to help exsisting cmpanies, not merely "re-register" all their names, but to eintice them to make separate parts of the companies in separate sites.  How great it would be to go to espn.shop if I wanted to buy books, shirts, etc., as opposed to finding the link on thier site.  .shop seems to help the new and old companies who are selling something on the net.

I am a business owner and I would use it.

ICANN, if you really read these messages, please vote yes for this application.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy