Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Thu, October 19, 2000 at 3:07 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
||Flaw in your argument, domain names are brands
As a person in marketing, we see web addresses as an extension
of a brand. Although Mcdonald's, Kodak, Coke, Pepsi, KFC, Crush, Nike,Microsoft...etc.
might not actually own a Internet shop, they will spend that $ 35.00 registration
fee to protect their brand, which cost thousands of dollars, even millions of dollars
This is why generic addresses, such as .shop or .biz will not work. I
already told you that 85% of web address conflict are won by current trademark holders.
If a .shop or .biz is granted to a registry, you would expect a majority of existing
domain name holders to re-register. This is why we call it printing money. In other
words we will spend $ 35.00 to protect our brand identity.
Even though you register
the domain name first, it will be taken away from you.
- .mall, etc. Application by Commercial Connect, LLC Moderator, October 7 @ 10:16 PM (12/23)
- Questionable ties? lapointe, November 5 @ 10:42 PM (0/0)
- ICANN Bribery? jtrade, November 5 @ 3:58 AM (0/0)
- MALL extension has big future for ecommerce jburkhart, November 2 @ 6:59 PM (0/0)
- I Agree, Great Choice! Talmage, October 30 @ 8:05 PM (0/0)
- Great Service - Great People Sandra, October 27 @ 4:14 PM (0/0)
- Application Review -- Many concerns here ! TLD Facts, October 26 @ 7:05 PM (1/1)
- Pre-registration with CASDNS xaero, October 24 @ 6:41 PM (1/1)
- .Shop may be good - ICANN should be cautious with its review ALLDNS, October 22 @ 3:50 AM (1/1)
- B A D as in NOT GOOD stokdoctor, October 21 @ 11:19 PM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:19 PM (0/0)
- The Best of the Bunch ChrisT, October 17 @ 2:53 PM (0/0)
- Great Idea DaveBusiness, October 16 @ 4:09 AM (1/7)