Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Mon, October 23, 2000 at 2:38 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
I appreciate the contention
by Mr. Conant that the .shop TLD may be good. We agree.
Conant's fals accusations and desire to play out a personal vendetta against Jeff
Smith is rather unreasonable. The claims he makes are false and misleading
and I encourage any member of ICANN to contact Mr. Smith directly if they are interested
in ferreting-out the truth behind these unreasonable accusations. Mr. Smith
did not burn anyone at ALLDNS except Mr. Conant, and only because he sought to circumvent
the proper ICANN rules for the changing of restration information.
Conant is now taking his accusations a step further toward the ridiculous.
He now contends that; "CORE, or certain CORE representatives or associations, is
backing the Commercial Connect, LLC." Other than not undersrtanding the English
in this sentence, I can also assure anyone interested in actually KNOWING, as opposed
to making up inflamatory false statements, that the application is as-is. It
states very clearly that Commercial Connect is a joint venture between CASI and The
Simon Property Group. I am happy to assure Mr. Conant and all who read this,
that the application is correct. There is no "backing" from CORE, etc.
In addition, Mr. Conant seems to avoid the obvious fact that Mr. Smith's company,
CASDNS, which ALLDNS has such a probalem with, is NOT even one of the applicants.
And if you were to make the correlation to CASI as a CASDNS "sister-company," you
still have made very little sense as to why this new company made up of the Simon
Property Group, AND CASI, would be an unfit registry. Both companies have outstanding
reputations, much to the assumed regret of Mr. Conant.
I urge ICANN not to take
into account the misleading and false accusations of a disgruntled former clent of
a company which is not applying for a new TLD, and I encourage them to find out the
actual facts instead.
Commercial Connect, LLC.
- .mall, etc. Application by Commercial Connect, LLC Moderator, October 7 @ 10:16 PM (12/23)
- Questionable ties? lapointe, November 5 @ 10:42 PM (0/0)
- ICANN Bribery? jtrade, November 5 @ 3:58 AM (0/0)
- MALL extension has big future for ecommerce jburkhart, November 2 @ 6:59 PM (0/0)
- I Agree, Great Choice! Talmage, October 30 @ 8:05 PM (0/0)
- Great Service - Great People Sandra, October 27 @ 4:14 PM (0/0)
- Application Review -- Many concerns here ! TLD Facts, October 26 @ 7:05 PM (1/1)
- Pre-registration with CASDNS xaero, October 24 @ 6:41 PM (1/1)
- .Shop may be good - ICANN should be cautious with its review ALLDNS, October 22 @ 3:50 AM (1/1)
- Being Reasonable DanielK, October 23 @ 2:38 PM (0/0)
- B A D as in NOT GOOD stokdoctor, October 21 @ 11:19 PM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:19 PM (0/0)
- The Best of the Bunch ChrisT, October 17 @ 2:53 PM (0/0)
- Great Idea DaveBusiness, October 16 @ 4:09 AM (1/7)