Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Wed, October 18, 2000 at 5:50 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
||Maybe We Read This Differently
Here are what I see are the
flaws in your argument. First, you are quoting an Afilias press release.
If you have read even a couple of the applications for tld's, you will see that almost
every one of them has a different set of "statisitics" on Internet and domain name
Second, even if you were to agree with the data in the press release, it
says nothig about the fact that these 55% will be registering their EXISTING names
again, or even in which TLD, just that they plan on registering more. I think
it is as equaly a "leap" to say that these 55% will all register their exact name
in the .shop tld, as it might be to say that none of them will.
is that in the restricted tld's such as .shop or .sex or .health, etc., that existing
companies will apply for the new ones which fit. I do not believe that "mydoctor.com"
will apply for a ".shop" name, or that "riversidehospital.com" will do so either.
There are simply a great many sites which can not and should not, and presumably
will not apply for a .shop.
- .mall, etc. Application by Commercial Connect, LLC Moderator, October 7 @ 10:16 PM (12/23)
- Questionable ties? lapointe, November 5 @ 10:42 PM (0/0)
- ICANN Bribery? jtrade, November 5 @ 3:58 AM (0/0)
- MALL extension has big future for ecommerce jburkhart, November 2 @ 6:59 PM (0/0)
- I Agree, Great Choice! Talmage, October 30 @ 8:05 PM (0/0)
- Great Service - Great People Sandra, October 27 @ 4:14 PM (0/0)
- Application Review -- Many concerns here ! TLD Facts, October 26 @ 7:05 PM (1/1)
- Pre-registration with CASDNS xaero, October 24 @ 6:41 PM (1/1)
- .Shop may be good - ICANN should be cautious with its review ALLDNS, October 22 @ 3:50 AM (1/1)
- B A D as in NOT GOOD stokdoctor, October 21 @ 11:19 PM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:19 PM (0/0)
- The Best of the Bunch ChrisT, October 17 @ 2:53 PM (0/0)
- Great Idea DaveBusiness, October 16 @ 4:09 AM (1/7)