Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Wed, October 18, 2000 at 12:43 AM GMT (Tue, October 17, 2000 at 5:43 PM MST)
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
||IT'S ABOUT OUR KIDS ! ! !
David W. Sullivan, CEO
In our Internet world, we have
no way to steer our children onto the right path when it comes to adult content forcefully
thrown at our youth.
It is high time that we as an Internet world take responsibility
by regulating content pathways. O’ yes, there is "Net Nanny" and other software that
parent's can buy in an attempt to shield the innocent eyes of children, but it doesn't
work. All a child has to do is go over to a friend's house where their parent's are
unaware of site blocking software and see whatever comes onto the computer monitor.
have seen cases where some porn sites attempt to thwart site blocking software by
inserting additional characters between the word "SEX" i.e. "S-E-X" or "S E X" or
"S:E:X" and other words. I believe this intentional grabbing at our youth is preposterous.
take for instance a situation I ran into when searching for graphics using "Yahoo".
I simply put in the word "Graphics" into their search box and instead of finding
what I was looking for, I found links to Gay/Lesbian, and other porn sites. To say
the least, I was appalled.
It is time to introduce TLD's like .kid, .sex and .xxx
and then apply regulatory controls on the registrations for those TLD's, move all
of the poison adult content away from .com, .net and .org then apply said content
to the appropriate TLD's. This will give parents an equal hand at controlling what
our children see because by God, they are our children and you and everyone on the
planet should give a damn about what they see at such a young age.
I remember the
day where you could walk into a magazine shop and right up front was some of the
filthiest smut you could imagine and it was available for our teenage youth to skim
through. But what happened? State agencies required that you must be eighteen to
purchase said smut and they mandated that said smut be placed behind checkout counters
away from our youth. This is the same action that should be taken for the internet.
few weeks ago I saw Republicans and Democrats alike going after the entertainment
industry with regards to violent content thrown at our youth. So where the "HELL"
are they with regards to internet content?
It's not about free speech! You can
be free to speak wherever you want to, so long as you speak in the appropriate setting.
ABOUT OUR CHILDREN!
AdvantaTel Communications, Inc.
655 West Gurley, Suite 5
Prescott, Arizona 86305
- .kids Application by DotKids, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:18 PM (20/27)
- DotKids, Inc. providing Industry Friendly solution that promotes competition DKI, November 6 @ 12:00 AM (0/0)
- DotKids, Inc. Statement on Freedom of Expression, Filters, and Censorship DKI, November 5 @ 10:37 PM (0/0)
- DotKids, Inc. Statement - How Our Unrestricted .kids gTLD Works DKI, November 5 @ 10:20 PM (0/0)
- Good step in the right direction S. Crowther, November 3 @ 3:56 PM (0/0)
- Teachers Need This!!! ahowell, November 2 @ 8:01 PM (0/0)
- dotkids great vittony, November 1 @ 6:55 PM (0/0)
- What a wonderful idea quiktan, November 1 @ 12:45 AM (1/2)
- Support for DotKids AJS, October 30 @ 3:37 PM (0/0)
- I support DotKids concept C.Mann, October 29 @ 12:55 AM (0/0)
- No Substance - No Experience - Porn Star Endorsement ??? Neo, October 27 @ 10:13 PM (0/0)
- Another Vote for DOTKIDS DLD, October 27 @ 1:10 PM (0/0)
- .kids tld - general observations john.carr, October 27 @ 9:02 AM (0/0)
- Use of my name in the application...I am not working with this group! Parry Aftab, October 23 @ 4:52 AM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:14 PM (1/1)
- IT'S ABOUT OUR KIDS ! ! ! AdvantaTel, October 18 @ 12:43 AM (0/0)
- This is revolutionary hedeer, October 17 @ 2:14 PM (2/2)
- Very Interesting slassre, October 16 @ 10:10 PM (0/0)
- .KIDS TLD Application Should Be Denied - details inside... ron10000, October 14 @ 5:22 PM (1/1)
- A "YES" Vote For This One! AdvantaTel, October 14 @ 12:32 AM (0/0)
- It could be the solution for Kids Carlos, October 13 @ 6:35 PM (0/0)