Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Parry Aftab
Date/Time: Mon, October 23, 2000 at 4:52 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Use of my name in the application...I am not working with this group!

I have recently been apprised that my name and that of Cyberangels has been used in connection with this application. I do not know this group, and while I may very possibly have communicated with someone in the course of my duties as Executive Director of Cyberangels (where I respond to often 1000 e-mails daily) as I communicate with and respond to many people who send me e-mails, or who approach me at a conference, I do not know them and have not conferred with them in this regard.

The use of my name is not authorized, and neither I nor Cyberangels is endorsing the use of a .kids TLD and certainly not this group, in any way.

I am concerned, having just learned of the use of my name and the name of my group in this regard, and will be contacting others mentioned as well to see if they are as surprised as I am.

I ask that my name be immediately removed from this application. Note that I am waiving no rights, and reserve all legal rights in connection herewith.

Parry Aftab, Esq.
Executive Director, Cyberangels
President, Wiredkids.org and author of The Parent's Guide to Protecting Your Children in Cyberspace, McGraw-Hill     

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy