Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, October 27, 2000 at 10:13 PM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.08 using Windows NT
||No Substance - No Experience - Porn Star Endorsement ???
I cant believe that this is nothing more than an opportunistic
land grab for a domain name. For starters your application is incomplete:|
are either missing or promised (or confidential which is not noted). It seems
that most of the concepts and ideas have little merit, and areas lacking in substance
claim you "will look into", "will work with..". All good intentions Im sure
but this is serious business, wishing or wanting it to happen doesnt cut it.
There needs to be a demonstrable plan for success. What are your qualifications
? One of the letters of reference is from Danni Ashe, Internet Porn Star Queen
B&N and COMDISCO seem to be the only two partners that have
any relationship and/or experience to the IT/Internet industry, the rest are "visionaries"
? What are the CURRENT relationships and experience to child welfare associations,
internet policy bodies, that are activley seeking realistic ways to protect children
on the internet...How long have you been involved in this ? Your focus seems to be
on marketing and sales...
D13.2.3 Market definition - list of quotes...
You seek to "Dominate" certain content markets ? Do you imply censorship here ?
- no answer
D13.4.2. No trade and credit references - How do you intend to execute
D13.2.8 - You basically imply that you intend to outsource everything
The technical model is very elementary and tends to restate ICANN models on
thick and thin, etc. B&N's contribution is not explained very well so it is
difficult to understand the value proposition.
Im sure you all are nice people,
but this has all the trappings of an inexperienced attempt to create a NEWCO for
the sole purpose of profit. Which, in fact, nobody should be denied the opportunity
to do. However, CHILD protection on the Internet is serious business and requires
implementation of complex policies and technical solutions.
I hope ICANN places
greater emphasis on the .kids domain than the runof the mill TLDs and doesnt sell
out to the highest bidder. Failure here could be disasterous.
- .kids Application by DotKids, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:18 PM (20/27)
- DotKids, Inc. providing Industry Friendly solution that promotes competition DKI, November 6 @ 12:00 AM (0/0)
- DotKids, Inc. Statement on Freedom of Expression, Filters, and Censorship DKI, November 5 @ 10:37 PM (0/0)
- DotKids, Inc. Statement - How Our Unrestricted .kids gTLD Works DKI, November 5 @ 10:20 PM (0/0)
- Good step in the right direction S. Crowther, November 3 @ 3:56 PM (0/0)
- Teachers Need This!!! ahowell, November 2 @ 8:01 PM (0/0)
- dotkids great vittony, November 1 @ 6:55 PM (0/0)
- What a wonderful idea quiktan, November 1 @ 12:45 AM (1/2)
- Support for DotKids AJS, October 30 @ 3:37 PM (0/0)
- I support DotKids concept C.Mann, October 29 @ 12:55 AM (0/0)
- No Substance - No Experience - Porn Star Endorsement ??? Neo, October 27 @ 10:13 PM (0/0)
- Another Vote for DOTKIDS DLD, October 27 @ 1:10 PM (0/0)
- .kids tld - general observations john.carr, October 27 @ 9:02 AM (0/0)
- Use of my name in the application...I am not working with this group! Parry Aftab, October 23 @ 4:52 AM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:14 PM (1/1)
- IT'S ABOUT OUR KIDS ! ! ! AdvantaTel, October 18 @ 12:43 AM (0/0)
- This is revolutionary hedeer, October 17 @ 2:14 PM (2/2)
- Very Interesting slassre, October 16 @ 10:10 PM (0/0)
- .KIDS TLD Application Should Be Denied - details inside... ron10000, October 14 @ 5:22 PM (1/1)
- A "YES" Vote For This One! AdvantaTel, October 14 @ 12:32 AM (0/0)
- It could be the solution for Kids Carlos, October 13 @ 6:35 PM (0/0)