Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, October 27, 2000 at 9:24 PM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.51 using Windows 98
||Clarification; DotKids, Inc.
We have reviewed Ms. Aftab's recent message (above), and want to clear up any
misunderstanding that may have developed.
To clarify to the ICANN community:
Aftab has never taken any position about endorsement. We did not mean to imply
that she endorsed the proposal in any way and would deny that she has, if asked.
proposal has been directly supported by a number of people (see e.g., the Board of
Advisors section). However, the persons listed in Section D13.1.3 are NOT listed
3) A word of explanation: The single section D13.1.3 (where
Ms. Aftab was mentioned) is the corporate history question. Our response to
that section was intended to display that the DotKids team broadly surveyed the field
in the course of researching and developing its proposal from a policy and public
interest perspective. This included studying various views and publicly expressed
thinking by persons who have spoken out about children on-line.
list in section D13.1.3 of some members of the public interest community who are
active regarding children on-line is not a reference to endorsement in any way.
We were simply saying that we had undertaken to understand the public interest issues
at play in part by writing to and in some cases communicating with some of the leaders,
many of whom had inspiring (if diverse) work. It was purely research.
To eliminate any questions, we are formally deleting the entire last two paragraphs
and all of the names from Section D13.1.3 of our proposal and will be communicating
that amendment to ICANN.
We hope that this clears up any confusion. We appreciate
this comment period, which can serve to communicate areas where there may be misunderstandings.
regret any confusion for anyone who may have taken away an understanding we did not
If you have any question, please contact us. We are eager
to see that direct attention to the interests of children on-line is not distracted.
- .kids Application by DotKids, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:18 PM (20/27)
- DotKids, Inc. providing Industry Friendly solution that promotes competition DKI, November 6 @ 12:00 AM (0/0)
- DotKids, Inc. Statement on Freedom of Expression, Filters, and Censorship DKI, November 5 @ 10:37 PM (0/0)
- DotKids, Inc. Statement - How Our Unrestricted .kids gTLD Works DKI, November 5 @ 10:20 PM (0/0)
- Good step in the right direction S. Crowther, November 3 @ 3:56 PM (0/0)
- Teachers Need This!!! ahowell, November 2 @ 8:01 PM (0/0)
- dotkids great vittony, November 1 @ 6:55 PM (0/0)
- What a wonderful idea quiktan, November 1 @ 12:45 AM (1/2)
- Support for DotKids AJS, October 30 @ 3:37 PM (0/0)
- I support DotKids concept C.Mann, October 29 @ 12:55 AM (0/0)
- No Substance - No Experience - Porn Star Endorsement ??? Neo, October 27 @ 10:13 PM (0/0)
- Another Vote for DOTKIDS DLD, October 27 @ 1:10 PM (0/0)
- .kids tld - general observations john.carr, October 27 @ 9:02 AM (0/0)
- Use of my name in the application...I am not working with this group! Parry Aftab, October 23 @ 4:52 AM (1/1)
- Clarification; DotKids, Inc. DKI, October 27 @ 9:24 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:14 PM (1/1)
- IT'S ABOUT OUR KIDS ! ! ! AdvantaTel, October 18 @ 12:43 AM (0/0)
- This is revolutionary hedeer, October 17 @ 2:14 PM (2/2)
- Very Interesting slassre, October 16 @ 10:10 PM (0/0)
- .KIDS TLD Application Should Be Denied - details inside... ron10000, October 14 @ 5:22 PM (1/1)
- A "YES" Vote For This One! AdvantaTel, October 14 @ 12:32 AM (0/0)
- It could be the solution for Kids Carlos, October 13 @ 6:35 PM (0/0)