Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Mon, October 30, 2000 at 9:07 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 95
||ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world!
Suggestion to ICANN: assign .web to IODesign,|
to Afilias, and .site to Neustar.
This solves the problem to choose from different
and it increases competition on these main generic TLDs.
on, IOD's .web registry is READY and can go online
in a few weeks (see IOD's application,
E 5.3: two black-out weeks
will solve trademark problems according to ICANN UDRP).
world will appreciate this fast and great solution:
before the end of this year
the main TLD (.web) can be online!
Remember that generic Internet users have shown
to prefer and
to support IOD.
This also will solve the problem of "day one"
Instead of allowing an unfair random rush to some high-profile
domains (such as usa.web or business.web and so on),
they will be assigned to
people that registered them in good faith
at IOD since 1996. This is the best
decision - it is the solution
with fewer problems.
(Disclaimer: I did NOT register
any "premium" .web domain at IODesign).
This solution is fair for IOD (that has
prior use of .web since 1996)
and can satisfy Afilias and Neustar also. Their
(after .web) is .info (Afilias) and .site (Neustar), so conflicts
be easily avoided.
ICANN will be recognized its merit for this fair, natural and
Otherwise, different solutions will be felt deeply unfair by
and by so many Internet users in the world, and I am afraid
that this will
create many troubles.
- .dot, etc. Application by Neustar, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:26 PM (23/49)
- ICANN: we know you are listening and we are confident in your fairness fabrcop, November 5 @ 10:03 AM (0/0)
- Neustar Shoots Self In Foot ... Must Be Disqualified dcorish, November 4 @ 2:42 PM (0/0)
- Neustar/MelbourneIT is Either Lying or the Application is Flawed! jtrade, November 2 @ 6:21 AM (0/0)
- What's That Foul Smell? jtrade, November 1 @ 9:43 AM (0/0)
- .Web,MelbourneIT/Neustar,ICANN Director Greg Crew and Conflict of Interest? jtrade, November 1 @ 2:19 AM (0/0)
- ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world! fabrcop, October 30 @ 9:07 PM (0/0)
- Neustar's application should be accepted - IOD have no legal rights Alex Williamson, October 26 @ 11:25 PM (3/9)
- Neustar app peniel, October 25 @ 11:23 PM (0/0)
- How fast can Warberg-Pincus, Lockheed Martin & MelbourneIT Turn .WEB into Big $$$ TLD Facts, October 25 @ 8:00 PM (0/0)
- MSNBC Article about ICANN and .Web jtrade, October 25 @ 3:51 AM (1/2)
- Where's the Competition jtrade, October 24 @ 1:40 AM (0/0)
- THIS is 1 of the few DECENT PROPOSALS stokdoctor, October 21 @ 10:54 PM (1/1)
- Bribery? No: they know that IOD deserves of .web fabrcop, October 20 @ 3:48 PM (0/0)
- This is EXACTLY how a monopoly operates...Massive Media ...Get your Econ 101 book out... Gregory W. Krajewski, October 19 @ 12:27 AM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:55 PM (1/1)
- Neustar,Afilias Bid to Steal .Web jtrade, October 18 @ 1:49 AM (1/5)
- .web concerns David Coombs, October 17 @ 6:16 PM (0/0)
- IOD Hypocracy jjnlaw72, October 17 @ 3:03 PM (5/5)
- Neustar Application Also Involves CORE For .WEB, TRYING TO BRIBE ICANN! pilot, October 17 @ 1:14 PM (0/0)
- Ethical Suicide Merlin, October 17 @ 9:17 AM (0/0)
- Bribery, indeed For The People, October 17 @ 8:12 AM (1/1)
- Are you attempting to BRIBE ICANN? jtrade, October 17 @ 6:09 AM (0/0)
- Neustar and it's DOT WEB application Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 4:46 AM (1/2)