Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sun, November 5, 2000 at 10:03 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 95
||ICANN: we know you are listening and we are confident in your fairness
ICANN, you know that the perfect choice is:|
.web to IODesign ;
to Afilias ;
.site to Neustar ;
1) fair for IODesign;
2) it solves
the problem to choose from different applications;
3) it increases competition
on these main generic TLDs,
that are the most popular ones according
IODesign focused on one TLD only (.web)
and has mantained a .web
registry for 4 years,
since IANA started to consider to add new TLDs.
knows that IODesign is the fair and right choice for .web .
Even Afilias and Neustar
know this: actually on their applications
they included alternative strings also.
IOD's .web registrations taken since 1996:
DNSO warning against "pre-registrations"
should not affect
IOD's registrations: actually IODesign's HISTORY
SPECIAL and DIFFERENT from other applicants!
In 1996 IANA gave a permission to
take .web registrations
and to collect fees for this.
You may argue that ICANN's
process for creating new TLDs
is different from early IANA's attempts.
this can't cancel IOD's history and merits in this
field! This is a particular
situation that should awarded
rather than penalized!
To be an *authorized*
pioneer can't be considered a fault!
IODesign acted in good faith since 1996.
.web registrations were necessary to test the functionality
of the .web registry
and allowed IODesign to collect money to run
and maintain it and eventually to
file the application to
ICANN for .web (this is clearly stated on webtld.com :
are non refundable and needed to support and mantain the registry).
I think that
IODesign and .web registrants are a single entity:
IODesign would not have survived
without support by so
many registrants. The registrations taken so far are real
and can't be wiped out. Remember that Network Solutions accepted
pre-registrations in 1993 and then they become real domains.
Would it make sense
to ask for their cancellation at this time?!
After 4 years of patience and hard
work focused on .web,
IODesign should be rewarded by ICANN,
as well as it was
rewarded by so many Internet users
in the world, that consider .web as a product
Actually IOD's registry is the NATURAL
EXPRESSION of the Internet users'
Please notice that it is not true that
"People support IOD because they
registered .web domains
and they want to get them".
This must be reversed:
saw that IOD was the natural choice for .web
so they registered .web domains in
IOD's .web registry is *ready* and it can
be put into the A-root
server soon, after a short blackout period
for protecting trademarks (you can
read this on IODesign's application).
No Sunrise Period is really needed.
you know that this is the perfect choice!
Thanks for listening.
ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world
can be protected WITHOUT a Sunrise Period! (New TLDs are needed SOON)
truth about .web
||ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world
- .dot, etc. Application by Neustar, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:26 PM (23/49)
- ICANN: we know you are listening and we are confident in your fairness fabrcop, November 5 @ 10:03 AM (0/0)
- Neustar Shoots Self In Foot ... Must Be Disqualified dcorish, November 4 @ 2:42 PM (0/0)
- Neustar/MelbourneIT is Either Lying or the Application is Flawed! jtrade, November 2 @ 6:21 AM (0/0)
- What's That Foul Smell? jtrade, November 1 @ 9:43 AM (0/0)
- .Web,MelbourneIT/Neustar,ICANN Director Greg Crew and Conflict of Interest? jtrade, November 1 @ 2:19 AM (0/0)
- ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world! fabrcop, October 30 @ 9:07 PM (0/0)
- Neustar's application should be accepted - IOD have no legal rights Alex Williamson, October 26 @ 11:25 PM (3/9)
- Neustar app peniel, October 25 @ 11:23 PM (0/0)
- How fast can Warberg-Pincus, Lockheed Martin & MelbourneIT Turn .WEB into Big $$$ TLD Facts, October 25 @ 8:00 PM (0/0)
- MSNBC Article about ICANN and .Web jtrade, October 25 @ 3:51 AM (1/2)
- Where's the Competition jtrade, October 24 @ 1:40 AM (0/0)
- THIS is 1 of the few DECENT PROPOSALS stokdoctor, October 21 @ 10:54 PM (1/1)
- Bribery? No: they know that IOD deserves of .web fabrcop, October 20 @ 3:48 PM (0/0)
- This is EXACTLY how a monopoly operates...Massive Media ...Get your Econ 101 book out... Gregory W. Krajewski, October 19 @ 12:27 AM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:55 PM (1/1)
- Neustar,Afilias Bid to Steal .Web jtrade, October 18 @ 1:49 AM (1/5)
- .web concerns David Coombs, October 17 @ 6:16 PM (0/0)
- IOD Hypocracy jjnlaw72, October 17 @ 3:03 PM (5/5)
- Neustar Application Also Involves CORE For .WEB, TRYING TO BRIBE ICANN! pilot, October 17 @ 1:14 PM (0/0)
- Ethical Suicide Merlin, October 17 @ 9:17 AM (0/0)
- Bribery, indeed For The People, October 17 @ 8:12 AM (1/1)
- Are you attempting to BRIBE ICANN? jtrade, October 17 @ 6:09 AM (0/0)
- Neustar and it's DOT WEB application Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 4:46 AM (1/2)