Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sat, November 4, 2000 at 2:42 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
||Neustar Shoots Self In Foot ... Must Be Disqualified
Here's what happened:
JVTeam put together the .WEB application.
2. Melbourne IT did not know Afilias
would select .WEB.
3. Neustar's answer to ICANN: "During the proposal
development process Melbourne IT was associated with another applicant which has
submitted an alternate bid. Given this association, Melbourne IT elected not to jointly
submit the .web proposal." This means (in my opinion) that Melboune IT divorced
itself from the application, yet the application still lists JVTeam as the operator,
with all of the JVTeam information (almost word-for-word the same as the .BIZ and
.PER applications)! OOPS!
4. So even though the application is completely
JVTeam, Neustar now tries to convince ICANN that Neustar can take the JVTeam application
and run with it on their own. Neustar states: "Neustar is fully capable and
unconstrained from operating the registry and delivering all that is included in
the .WEB proposal."
But it's too late. It's after the fact.
Additionally, Neustar has not provided any documentation to substantiate that claim.
They are asking ICANN to believe, without any supporting documentation, that even
though Melbourne IT pulled out, Neustar can do the exact same job, alone.
these types of shenanigans don't DISQUALIFY an application, what would?
- .dot, etc. Application by Neustar, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:26 PM (23/49)
- ICANN: we know you are listening and we are confident in your fairness fabrcop, November 5 @ 10:03 AM (0/0)
- Neustar Shoots Self In Foot ... Must Be Disqualified dcorish, November 4 @ 2:42 PM (0/0)
- Neustar/MelbourneIT is Either Lying or the Application is Flawed! jtrade, November 2 @ 6:21 AM (0/0)
- What's That Foul Smell? jtrade, November 1 @ 9:43 AM (0/0)
- .Web,MelbourneIT/Neustar,ICANN Director Greg Crew and Conflict of Interest? jtrade, November 1 @ 2:19 AM (0/0)
- ICANN: listen to this suggestion and be appreciated all over the world! fabrcop, October 30 @ 9:07 PM (0/0)
- Neustar's application should be accepted - IOD have no legal rights Alex Williamson, October 26 @ 11:25 PM (3/9)
- Neustar app peniel, October 25 @ 11:23 PM (0/0)
- How fast can Warberg-Pincus, Lockheed Martin & MelbourneIT Turn .WEB into Big $$$ TLD Facts, October 25 @ 8:00 PM (0/0)
- MSNBC Article about ICANN and .Web jtrade, October 25 @ 3:51 AM (1/2)
- Where's the Competition jtrade, October 24 @ 1:40 AM (0/0)
- THIS is 1 of the few DECENT PROPOSALS stokdoctor, October 21 @ 10:54 PM (1/1)
- Bribery? No: they know that IOD deserves of .web fabrcop, October 20 @ 3:48 PM (0/0)
- This is EXACTLY how a monopoly operates...Massive Media ...Get your Econ 101 book out... Gregory W. Krajewski, October 19 @ 12:27 AM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:55 PM (1/1)
- Neustar,Afilias Bid to Steal .Web jtrade, October 18 @ 1:49 AM (1/5)
- .web concerns David Coombs, October 17 @ 6:16 PM (0/0)
- IOD Hypocracy jjnlaw72, October 17 @ 3:03 PM (5/5)
- Neustar Application Also Involves CORE For .WEB, TRYING TO BRIBE ICANN! pilot, October 17 @ 1:14 PM (0/0)
- Ethical Suicide Merlin, October 17 @ 9:17 AM (0/0)
- Bribery, indeed For The People, October 17 @ 8:12 AM (1/1)
- Are you attempting to BRIBE ICANN? jtrade, October 17 @ 6:09 AM (0/0)
- Neustar and it's DOT WEB application Gregory W. Krajewski, October 14 @ 4:46 AM (1/2)