Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, November 3, 2000 at 5:51 PM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 95
In my opinion, this is a great concept whose time has come.|
Gone are the host-name
sitting days. On to something for individuals
and the little guys.
DNS based Digital ID is a good idea.
Enhancement to the IP addressing to make
it people-centric and to provide functionalities that are absolutely
in today's world are great concepts.
Aggregation techniques to power the domain
names is uniquely positioned to grab the attention of the people.
has thought out this proposal with common people in mind, it is very obvious.
With the involvement of AtomicTangerine, security issues will receive the best attention
that will further encourage people to use this tld for their personal domain names.
this proposal is good for businesses (small and even large!)
in addition to individuals.
seen a few other proposals pending in front of ICANN as well. For a lasting,
non-controversial, people-centric structured development of internet, this ".i" proposal
from Sarnoff gets
the most points in my book.
Phillip G. Bradford
Rutgers University, New Jersey.
- .i Application by Sarnoff Corporation Moderator, October 7 @ 10:21 PM (30/38)
- .i TLD and Single Letters B. Ferns, November 5 @ 8:41 PM (0/0)
- A completely outsourced solution - with some interesting costs griffiths, November 5 @ 8:09 PM (0/0)
- Time for a people-centric TLD skey, November 5 @ 7:42 PM (0/0)
- a badly needed idea!!! spareek, November 5 @ 5:09 PM (0/0)
- .i proposal manishie, November 5 @ 5:04 PM (0/0)
- Delighted by the .i submission from Sarnoff email@example.com, November 5 @ 9:57 AM (0/0)
- Support for this application and some suggestions steve smith, November 4 @ 1:06 PM (0/0)
- A powerful structure for ubiquitous personal communications. d_reininger, November 4 @ 12:30 AM (0/0)
- people centric TLD for connecting people - great concept mott, November 3 @ 9:31 PM (0/0)
- MESSAGE simonb, November 3 @ 6:42 PM (1/1)
- Support for .i tld Wendy Suen, November 3 @ 5:57 PM (0/0)
- Great Concept! phillipgb, November 3 @ 5:51 PM (1/1)
- Agreement that .i makes strategic sense for the Internet JNathenson, November 3 @ 1:19 PM (1/1)
- .i proposal from sarnoff jcienski, November 3 @ 1:08 PM (0/0)
- .i Proposal from Sarnoff Corporation. jtodd, November 1 @ 6:09 PM (0/0)
- .i is good for the internet Donovan, November 1 @ 12:18 AM (1/1)
- Help solve the glut of domain names pdesilva, November 1 @ 2:53 AM (0/0)
- New People centric TLD .i ThomasGeorge, October 31 @ 8:54 PM (0/0)
- .geo plus .i = ? adoyle, October 31 @ 8:23 PM (1/1)
- TLD for individuals, an excellent idea. AmitKapoor, October 30 @ 3:22 PM (0/0)
- .i could be my buddy. vpincus, October 30 @ 2:40 PM (0/0)
- .i for the masses. JosephMathew, October 26 @ 4:35 PM (0/0)
- Single character gTLDs are a bad idea mikel5, October 26 @ 1:52 PM (1/3)
- Sounds great, but what about user and community control ? Dom, October 26 @ 8:28 AM (0/0)
- .i proposal peniel, October 26 @ 12:04 AM (0/0)
- What values are envisioned to be associated with .i names? McQuilWP, October 25 @ 8:40 PM (0/0)
- .i proposal works for the developing world shyam, October 24 @ 6:53 AM (0/0)
- Bad idea sjk, October 19 @ 7:44 AM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:09 PM (0/0)
- Great application and concept huguesdb, October 16 @ 11:32 PM (0/0)