Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: hoffy
Date/Time: Sun, October 15, 2000 at 5:30 AM GMT (Sun, October 15, 2000 at 3:30 PM EAST)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: I missed the mark?

Get an idea.  What they are doing it to create another global DNS of their own ... as the zonemaster of 4 public domain servers, there is no way I am going to configure my resolv.conf to point to their servers.  It's selfish, immoral and deceptive.  Heck anyone can do what they are doing .. what kind of a mess would we have then.  Heck, I might as well whip up a zone called microsoft.com and point the host entries to netscape.  Wouldn't my customers love me, but who's going to stop me? I know I know, they don't interfere with existing domains, but what gives them the right to interfere with non existing domains.

The idea is interesting, and they have made good arguement for it via datasharing and creating a standard by which all can manage and be a part of, but it will also open up several legal issues.  Unfortunately you need to exhibit regulation of such things, and they are attempting to be a law unto themselves whilst justifying it to be universally friendly.  I'm sorry .. it's just no that easy, points for a wonderful idea, but it cannot work efficiently.

And what's this part in their policy
"The right to express oneself in the creation of an internet.name is guaranteed by the the First Amendment to the US Constitution and the People's Communication Charter, and is highly encouraged."

Like I give a sh*t about their constitution. I'm so tired of Americans who think they are the centre of the world ... I"m sorry guys, but your world is paranoid and violent.  Not to mention, greedy.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy