Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: ChrisT
Date/Time: Tue, October 24, 2000 at 3:22 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: More Than One

I agree that .shop is a good idea for a TLD.  But I would ask all of these obviousely "impartial" posters to look at the application for .shop from Commercial Connect.  They seem to have just as good, if not a better application, and they have some connections to the retail world as well.  I think it would be refreshing to see a company involved in Internet infrastructure which is also involved in something similar to their customers.

Name Space has tried to be all things to all people and should not also therefore be given .shop or any of the others, just because of what they currently do.

In addition, the biggest problem with the NameSpace application is that it does not conform with the application guidelines.  I just read in the update that one of the problems ICANN is now dealing with is those companies who included more than one TLD on the same application that do not mean the same thing.

Check out the other applicant before jumping to the conclusion that this is the best one.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy