Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: wiredz
Date/Time: Fri, October 27, 2000 at 10:22 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Let us first discuss what is the meaning of Rights & Trademarks

Dear Sir,

I see that you do not understand anything about TLDs or trademarks or ownership or rights! Take note that when a name cannot be trademarked (be it a TLD or not), there is no rights to that name.

Furthermore, since the RFC 1591 by Jon Postel clearly state that all TLDs are public trust and OWNERSHIP and RIGHTS are inappropiate, and delegation is based on the ability of the registry operator to serve the needs of the community, i.e. merits. ICANN has the right to determine which applicant is the best, obviously its Afilias.

I am confident ICANN will select Afilias as the operator for .WEB Registry, and this will result in Image Online Design anger and they will lodge a lawsuit on ICANN and Afilias. But then, it is not up to you and me to decide who will win. Let the courts decide and the judge of the day will obvious side ICANN and Affilias.

IANA Permission was never real nor documented anywhere. Even if the permission were real, the IANA no longer exists and is succeeded by ICANN, thus the permission or authorization is no longer valid.

--Eugene Kang

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy